Friday, March 20, 2009

Theology for Dummies

I don't get around to posting much on this blog but I have been reading some other blogs that have peaked my interest lately. Most have been religious in nature. Here is a conclusion that I have come to after reading most of them. I just too damn dumb to understand what most are trying to say. My favorite theologian is NT Wright and may times I feel the same way about his writings. However, good old Tom often writes "dumbed down versions" for those of us who are looking for "Theology for Dummies"-damn I may have come up with a business idea. So here are my TOP TEN questions for the intellectual religious bloggers.

1) Who in the hell are you trying to impress? Certainly not me, my dictionary doesn't carry most of those words.

2) Do you really want comments from dumb-asses like me? If so, put it in language that I can understand.

3) Does your blog mean that you have been given the gift of tongues? If so, when do we get the interpretation?

4) Have any of you figured out exactly how many angels can dance on the head of a needle?

5) Can you tell me what you are reading so that I can make sure not to buy it? If I can't understand you, there sure in hell is no way that I will understand what you are reading.

6) Is it possible to understand the great religious texts and understand your blogs at the same time? If so, have you written "Theology for Dummies" yet?

7) Wouldn't it be easier just to re-write the great religious texts and then you wouldn't have to tell us what they mean?

8) Oh shit, I'm running out of questions.

9) Number 9 wasn't any good anyway.

10) Have any of you actually read your own blogs? Did you understand them? Maybe you should be the one to write "Theology for Dummies". Or better yet, always post two at the same time. The original and one that explains the original.

I guess I could stop reading them but then I would't have a blog to post.

No comments: